–Lisa Teresita Pacheco Macuja-Elizalde is a Prima Ballerina. In 1984, she became the first Filipina prima ballerina, and first foreign soloist to ever join the Kirov Ballet. Wikipedia
–Personifies Philippine ballet
– Ballet’s one and only pop star.
– Successfully brought a dance form associated with the elite to all citizens with her company, Ballet Manila.
– Her award-winning radio show “Art 2 Art” on DZRH, covering 97 percent of the country.
–She has garnered international acclaim for the country, starring in performances all over the world.
-Acclaimed and multi-awarded prima ballerina.
– Founding her own ballet company Ballet Manila.
– Title as the Ballerina of the People.
– Kirov Ballet.(SOLO WORK)
–Served as Artistic Director of the Ballet Manila.
–In 2007, she began hosting a Manila Broadcasting Company radio show called Art 2 Art.
–“Flight” ballets, Ballet Manila’s 22nd.
– Traveled the Philippines to stage over 4,100 free ballet performances in 47 cities enthralling a diverse audience from street children and orphans, to NGOs, to priests and nuns, and more.
Filipinas have an innate sense of musicality and artistry, and they are very, very emotional. A lot of Filipinos, they perform as if it’s the last performance of their life… and that really adds a lot of magic to the performance.”
Lisa as The Girl in Sergey Vikulov’s world premiere of Night in Ballet Manila’s 12th season opener of Halo-Halo 2
Lisa with the beginner scholars of Ballet Manila
Lisa posing for “Swan Song Series”